Any day is a good day to show an author some love. And Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse.
Here are some ideas to help spread a little literary love today…
- Take the time to post a positive review on the website where you purchased an author’s book. Goodreads is great too.
- Tell someone you know about a wonderful book you’ve read. Even better, buy them a copy as a gift.
- Like, share and comment on authors’ social media posts. (Special tip for authors – make sure you post stuff that’s worth sharing.) You’ll be sending more readers their way.
- If you know a writer who’s not published anything yet, send them a word of encouragement. Offer to read a draft/extract and give constructive feedback. Support is so important. It’s a long journey.
- Finally, a hug, chocolates and a glass or two or sparkly wouldn’t go amiss either!
Is there an author you adore? Why not send them a little love today?